Project Title : MARIMAY SMALL RESERVOIR IRRIGATION PROJECT
Location : Flora, Apayao
Fund Source : GAA
Implementing Agency : NIA
Water Source : Allig River
Required Discharge : Irrigation 1.8 cms; Diversion 187.07cms
Project Classification : National Irrigation Project (local fund)
Region : Cordillera Administrative Region
Province : Apayao
Municipality : Flora
Design Area : 1,200 hectares
Farmer-Beneficiaries : 608 farmers
The Marimay SRIP generally aims to provide sustainable development in the rural areas by improving agricultural productivity in the support of the agricultural development program of the government.
Specifically, it aims to:
- To boost agricultural production through the construction of irrigation and drainage infrastructures that will provide dependable supply of irrigation water to 1,200 hectares;
- To increase farmers’ income and upgrade their standard of living;
- To generate additional employment opportunities;
- To provide additional source of income through its hydropower and aquaculture potentials; and,
- To develop an organization that will play a major role in the operation and maintenance of the irrigation system.
The Marimay Small Reservoir Irrigation Project is a multi-year project located in Flora, Apayao. It is programmed to provide year-round irrigation to 1,200 hectares of currently rain-fed areas in four barangays--Allig (627 ha), Balluyan (490 ha), Mallig (3 ha) and Sta. Maria (80 ha) benefitting around 608 farmers. The project’s main feature is the 30-meter high zoned earthfill dam to be constructed along the Allig Rver in Sitio Marimay in Brgy. Allig. Aside from being an impounding facility for irrigation, the dam has also great potential for hydropower, aquaculture and local tourism development.
Project Cost : P650,000,000.00
Starting Date : 2010
Completion Date : 2017